MIHC Events Coordintator
The Events Coordinator of the Maine Irish Heritage Center (MIHC) will be a self-starting, motivated individual, who will succeed in fast-paced dynamic environment and is committed to the mission of the Center.
The Maine Irish Heritage Center’s mission is to provide a community resource where connections to Maine’s Irish history and culture can flourish. The Center is in the landmark building, formerly known as St. Dominic’s Church, at the corner of State and Gray Street in Portland, Maine. Home to many Irish groups in Maine, MIHC houses Maine’s Irish genealogical research center, archives and library. It also serves as a wedding and concert venue and is a popular spot for family and community gatherings.
Reports to: Executive Director of MIHC
Hours per Month: 25-30
1. Possess a working knowledge of the building, MIHC offerings and limitations of the facility.
2. Work with clients/presenters to determine scope of the event details, availability of facility, documentation of costs and execution of contract.
3. Determine volunteer needs for all events and ensure adequate coverage.
4. Manage calendars to avoid event/activity conflicts.
5. Develop and direct full team of volunteers for activities, events and programs.
6. Assure events are in compliance with Center regulations and insurance requirements.
7. Ensure customer satisfaction with all events.
• Time and organizational management skills
• Communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Detailed oriented.
• Flexible Schedule, including working days, nights and weekends.
• Ability to work with variety of clients and their needs.
Applicants should send resumes and letters of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line should state: Events Coordinator Position.
Application Deadline: 1/31/2020